You need to be ready for COVID-19 now! Keep up Social Distancing by:
- Keeping 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Avoid Crowds! If you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
- Now COVID-19 is at a community spread level in Eastern NC, so stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
Keep up Social Isolation by taking precautions for Community Spread COVID-19:
- Stay at home! Avoid crowds, especially in poorly ventilated spaces.
- Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc. Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something, then wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect your home frequently to remove germs.
Maintain Social Isolation by keeping supplies on hand:
- Keep supplies stocked. Take advantage of online ordering & home deliveries.
- Keep up with your medications, contact your healthcare provider by phone/email to get prescription refills. Ask your pharmacy for home delivery.
- Keep you medicine cabinet stocked with over the counter medications that you use for fever and other symptoms.
- Have enough household items and groceries on hand and if possible order online for pick up or home delivery.
Have a plan for if you get sick so that you can stay home:
- Consult with your health care provider if you fall in a high risk category.
- Stay in touch with others by phone, computer or email. You may need to ask for help from friends, family, neighbors, community health workers, etc. if you become sick. Determine who can care for you.
- The CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html and NCDHHS https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolinawill have updated information on their websites. Check on these frequently.