Frequently Asked Questions
What does a Free 20-minute phone consultation consist of?
It’s a dedicated 20-minute phone conversation that we allot for you to ensure we are focused on your matter. We ask that you give us a summary of your current situation. We’ll tell you how we can assist you and then we’ll leave time for your questions.
Who are your most common callers for consultations?
A client/patient/family member/friend needing help with healthcare navigation (“How things Work” in healthcare).
- Commonly these are Seniors, solo agers, & adult children.
- They are usually looking for help in caring for loved ones, aging successfully & developing a plan for success.
- They need help with understanding medical bills, medical bill appeals and negotiating medical bills.
- Concerned with their health or the health of their loved ones.
- They are transitioning (moving to a new living arrangement) for health reasons.
What are the most asked-for services?
- A client/patient/family member/friend needing help with medical care navigation/review, medical bill review/negotiations, medical insurance review, and long-term care insurance activation/coverage are common questions.
What is the professional background that makes you an exceptional Patient Advocate?
We have combined experiences from being a Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist, and healthcare certifications including a Board Certification in Patient Advocacy.
Are you a “certified” patient advocate?
Yes, we became board-certified patient advocates in 2019.
What is your area of service?
We can use “in-person” and “virtual” engagement for our clients and we serve North Carolina and beyond.
What does being in a “contract” with you mean for me/us?
It means that we will be doing our best to assist you and/or your loved ones with your healthcare frustrations. We will be your guide, educator, and your healthcare expert.
How do you charge for your services?
Typically, when a contract is initiated, the startup fee ranges from $250-$500, and the following services are negotiated. We offer services by the hour, which may vary depending on your need.
How can you help with insurance?
We can review insurance coverage to be sure it is a good fit for you. We can review your medical bills for errors. We assist with medical Insurance appeals including Medicare.
Are you HIPPA compliant?
Yes, we are HIPPA compliant.
What exactly is an “Independent Patient Advocate?”
We are a private healthcare consulting service directly hired by patients/families/corporations. Patient Advocates focus on guiding patients through the everchanging world of healthcare as well as empowering individuals to make the best decisions regarding their healthcare.